The ISCR2 will be organized over a three-day period, from 27-29 September 2021 covering plenary and breakout sessions.
The programme will be developed to respond to key problematics and issues faced by the cocoa sector and especially improving the living conditions of cocoa farmers.
Main theme: “Innovations to support market development and promote the sustainability of cocoa farming for better farmers’ income”.
Researchers will have to present the results of their work based on the topics proposed.
During this event we’ll cover
- Food safety compliance systems (pesticides and other contaminants) of cocoa products (mapping and agronomic solutions, breeding and genetic manipulations, remediation techniques etc)
- Innovative processing methods and transformation processes
- Valorisation of quality attributes (The multidimensionality of cocoa quality -sensory and aromatic analysis, consumer preferences, improvement strategies, differentiation and enhancement of quality certification, quality recognition programmes etc)
- Valorisation of nutritional attributes of cocoa products
- Valorisation of cocoa by-products for food and non-food products (candies, fertilizers, biogas and digestates, cosmetics, etc).
- Other innovations (packaging, etc)
- Traceability systems
- Access to micro credit, crop insurance coverage, financial risk management
- Digital applications