The ISCR2 will be organized over a three-day period, from 27-29 September 2021 covering plenary and breakout sessions.
The programme will be developed to respond to key problematics and issues faced by the cocoa sector and especially improving the living conditions of cocoa farmers.
Main theme: “Innovations to support market development and promote the sustainability of cocoa farming for better farmers’ income”.
Researchers will have to present the results of their work based on the topics proposed.
During this event we’ll cover
- Renewable energy, clean water, health, food security and improved nutrition for the cocoa farmers
- Impact of climate changes on cocoa farming, on the spatial repartition of cocoa zones in the world
- Rescue, characterisation and exploitation of biodiversity for varietal creation in a context of climate change
- Diversification techniques (other crops, non-farm activities) – environnemental and economic perspective
- Agroforestry, sylvo-pasture, aquaculture techniques (agronomy, ecology and the economics thereof)
- Reforestation /Afforestation programmes
- Payments for Environmental Services (PES): myths and reality
- Landscape approach
- Training and capacity building on climate smart agriculture techniques
- Climate information and surveillance systems
- Other new climate adaptation techniques; energy efficient technologies along the value chain